Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Searching for that one reader...

That one reader...


That reader who will start my book on an upswing in sales.
That reader who will fall in love with my book from the first paragraph.
That reader who will recommend my book to their thousands of friends on Facebook and Goodreads.

That elusive reader who can make or break a book.

Where are you?

I'm here, waiting patiently for you to notice me. I find a new website to post my book and then I wait, and wait, and wait some more.

While I wait I write. I write the next story swirling in my head. I write the next book and I keep going, waiting for that one reader.


Trying to balance marketing with writing.
Trying to keep the marketing costs under control.
Trying to keep from giving up in defeat.

If you're out there, I'm still waiting. Waiting patiently for my turn.

It will happen.
Keeping the faith.
Writing and waiting.
Waiting and writing.




4 comments:

  1. Write on, sister. Precisely my feelings. Thank you for defining it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up. It's like fishing. You'll never catch a fish if you don't keep a hook wet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep on keeping on. This has helped me no end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sales are like applause. I write because I love it, not so I can sell books. Still, it sure feels good when I hear the sound of hands clapping. Write on!

    ReplyDelete