Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Exigency (Protectors of the Elemental Magic Book 2)

BOOK BLAST TOUR
Exigency (Protectors of the Elemental Magic Book 2)



Author: Marnie Cate
Title:  Exigency
Series: The Protectors of the Elemental Magic Series
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy/Romance
Synopsis:
There is a world around us that most people don't take the time to see. 

Mara Stone's world was shaken, but she is a fighter. Facing new adversaries, Mara is learning what it truly means to protect the magic. As she starts to rebuild her life, the web of her family's secrets continues to unravel. Mara is forced to face her fear of losing everything she holds dear. 

She said that you would be a challenge to my children. I thought I had made the right choice when I selected Eliza. If only Mae had not interfered. But, enough of those sad thoughts, I think the two of you will be perfect replacements. 

When Mara and Cole find themselves in the cold world of Snowstrum, they will have to choose either to be true to their promise to protect the magic, or to follow their desires. Magic may not be enough to free them from the icy fortress they are trapped in. 

The second book in the Protectors of the Elemental Magic series, Exigency is a compelling, magical young adult fantasy tale.

Excerpt
As I continued walking, the air died down but I quickly found myself encompassed by a dense fog. My hair was no longer blinding me but I could barely see my hand in front of me. A soft voice in me told me to just to keep walking and I listened until I stepped into cold water.
"Damn it," I cried out.
Not sure where I was I stopped and called, "Air, please blow away this fog and let me see where I am."
 Sitting down, I waited while the moist vapor drifted away showing me that I was on the rocky shore of Sparrow Lake. Sitting down, I wrapped my arms around my legs and gently began to rock myself. How did I get so far from home? I felt as if I was losing a connection with reality. I kept telling myself that if I just listened to my heart everything would be as planned. As I questioned my recent behavior and my faith that the Goddess would guide me, I heard a crackling sound behind me. Turning to the direction of the noise, I saw a shadow quickly dart through the tree line.
 Calling out, I said, "Stop! Who are you? Why are you following me?”
No response came from the forest. Standing to face the unknown, the cold breeze off the lake picked up and covered my arms with goosebumps. Rubbing my arms frantically to warm up, I called out again.
"Whoever is out there, show yourself," I said.
"With all the magic you hold, you could easily climb up the mountain and give them what they deserve," said the bewitching voice of a woman.
 "You could start a little fire. One little ball of your magic could ignite the forest surrounding them. It would grow and grow until it would burn the mansion down. Or you could call a great wind and bring everything and everyone inside down into a crumbling ruin."
With more anger, the voice said, "And there is always my favorite. You can call the rain and demand it to pour down. Calling more and more of your magic until you finally send everything off the mountain. Mudslides happen all the time."
 "Or if you wanted to be lazy, you can just ask the ground to shake and shake and shake until you have created dust out of them all."
The voice taunted, "Wouldn't it be so easy? Don't you think they deserve to be punished for what they did…?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------





Marnie Cate Biography
Marnie Cate was born and raised in Montana before adventuring to the warmer states of Arizona and California. Her love of Dame Judi Dench and dreams of caticorns and rainbows inspired her to chase her dreams. One great sentence came to mind and the world of elemental magic and the humans they lived amongst filled her mind. With her first book Remember: Protectors of the Elemental Magic, the story has just begun.


Links:
Marnie Cate’s website: marniecate.com

No comments:

Post a Comment