Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2016

I Should Be Writing But...

I have two novellas that need to be completed and edited soon but I can't work on them until I make my opinion known about what is happening in our world today.

When did religion become about hate?

With tears in my eyes I watched another horrific story on the news tonight. Fifty dead. Fifty people who are no longer breathing because someone decided they needed to die. Explain to me how a religion that in no way promotes violence has been corrupted by a few extremists to justify their twisted sense of self-worth. They use a religion of peace to spread their message of hate.

Even Christians have twisted their religion to promote hate. Hate for anyone who is not "like" them. Bunch of &$%@ hypocrites! Up until about a year ago I was going to church regularly. I ignored the occasional reference to the "gay" issue, I have a brain and I can decide things for myself. Until the Sunday where the head pastor gave a sermon on how we as a congregation needed to make sure the gay marriage bill in  Indiana did not pass and if we didn't believe the same way to talk to him so he could "educate" us. Nope. Somehow I made it through the rest of the service without walking out or jumping up and screaming that he was full of shit. I have not been back. I still consider myself a christian but organized religion is not for me.

As a rational-thinking person I don't know how people can spew so much hatred of their fellow humans.And it's not just against the LGBT community, they spew hate about other religions, other ethnic groups, and other people who don't believe the same way they do. I prefer to believe in the God I was taught about when I was a child: a God who loves everyone.

When did it become the victim's fault?

For years, I lamented the fact that my husband and I never had children. But now, now I'm glad I don't have children to see what a mess we've made of our world. Rape culture. How in the hell did that happen? I don't care what they were wearing, no means no. And if they are passed out, not giving consent means no. How hard is that to understand?

Could it have something to do with the fact no one takes responsibility for their actions? Everyone gets a trophy, discipline seems to be a thing of the past, and self-entitlement is the norm. I grew up knowing if I did something I knew was wrong I would get punished. No one worried it would damage my sense of self-worth.

Rape is a crime worthy of severe punishment. Sorry, but six months is not adequate punishment for ruining someone's life.

If this post offended you, please feel free to unfollow me. I welcome discussion about world events but hatred will not be tolerated on this blog, my author page, my personal profile, or on any of my other social media accounts.

Thank you for "listening".

Respectfully,

L.A. Remenicky

#NoHate
#NoMeansNo



No comments:

Post a Comment