Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Inspired by Life

What inspires you?

I am inspired by everything around me, especially music.  Songs just seem to speak to me, sending my mind off on a tangent of "what if".

My first novel written during NANOWRIMO last November, "The Deputy's Destiny" (which I hope to self-publish later this year), was inspired by "Everything I Do" by Bryan Adams.  The deputy was inspired Alex O'Loughlin's blue eyes on Hawaii Five-O.



My current WIP came about when I was thinking about growing up as a red-head who wears glasses.  Suddenly my brain is thinking "what if someone wanted to be invisible" and "why would they want to be".  28k words later and I am about 3/4 of the way through my first draft of "Invisible". 



Any Nano's out there?  I'm going to try it again this year and I already have a storyline tentatively titled "Driving Jessie's Truck" inspired by "I Drive Your Truck" by Lee Brice.

Another WIP was inspired by a comment made by my boss about the trail on the other side of the lake by the railroad tracks.  I only have a couple of chapters written so far but I'm sure I'll get back to it someday.

So, what inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment