Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

It's November - What Are You Thankful For?



For a lot of us November means Thanksgiving - getting together with family and friends and remembering what we are thankful for.

I am thankful for my husband of 22 years (yes, you read that right!) as of yesterday. I am thankful for my family, my sisters and brothers, and all my nieces and nephews. I am thankful everyone is happy and healthy, and that my nephews in the military are safe.

I am also thankful for NANOWRIMO - without NANO last year I probably wouldn't be a published author today. I am also thankful for everyone who helped with Saving Cassie: Karen for introducing me to NANOWRIMO and for being the first to read my mess of a manuscript, Sprinkles On Top Studios for the beautiful cover, Sarah Kaider for helping me see that Saving Cassie was worth publishing, all my Beta readers, and Editor Afloat for the free editing.

Well, I am off to work on my WIP - I'm trying for a NANO repeat!

What are you thankful for?



2 comments:

  1. Awesome post! We don't have thanksgiving here but I am thankful everyday and if I had to start a list for you, I'd keep going :) Congrats on your published book and all the best for the next one! Did you get published through the NaNoWriMo challenge or was that just your booster?

    I am most thankful for my wonderful hubby, my amazing family and my great friends. I am thankful we are all healthy and still here to celebrate together.

    I look forward to reading about your writing progress with your new novel!

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chene!

      Thank you for the comment - at least I know someone is reading my blog, lol! NaNoWriMo was the catalyst that really got me started, I had been kicking around the idea of writing down the story in my head and NaNo got it out of my head and onto paper. Now, it seems like I always have 3 or 4 stories brewing in my mind.

      It's hard to believe this all started with a story in my head and borrowed laptop. Now, I'm almost ready to release a second book and I have 4 others in various stages of completion.

      Thanks for hanging around!

      L.A.

      Delete