Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Book Series - Yea or Nay?

I recently dove back in to the world of highlanders and time travelers in Diana Gabaldon's An Echo In The Bone. It's been at least a couple of years since I last read a book in this series but at two pages in I was completely immersed in the world of Jamie and Claire Fraser once again. And did you see the series on Starz? If you're a fan of the books you need to watch the series - very well done!

I love a good series, especially one that can transport you back so quickly with each book. But, I'm not a fan if each book has a cliffhanger to try and get you to buy the next book. I guess that's why I chose to write my Fairfield Corners series as a series of stand-alone books. Writing each book is like visiting an old friend. As long as the characters "tell" me their stories I will keep writing them.



Some of my favorite series are: The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon, The In Death Series by J.D. Robb, The Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich, and The Trueblood series by Charlaine Harris (up until the last book).

How do you feel about book series? What is/are your favorite series?

Happy reading!

L.A. Remenicky


No comments:

Post a Comment