Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

Gail Olmsted - Friday 5 #RockingSummerRomance

Welcome to another Friday 5! Today I'm spotlighting Gail Olmsted...



Favorite drink: Iced Coffee all year long- equally fond of Starbucks, Dunkin & McD's!
Favorite vacation spot: Split decision...Sedona, AZ and Dingle Bay, Ireland. Can't choose between them!! JEEP TOUR is based in Sedona and the sequel will be (someday) based in Ireland.
Pets: I am currently owned by three cats- a black & white tuxedo named Ricky, a grey tiger named Hope (aka The Grey Goddess) and a chunky calico named Chloe. They are great company especially if I am home alone trying to write!!
Music: I prefer rock and roll esp REM, The Eagles, The Beatles and The Stones. That's The Beatles & The Stones, not an either or!! My husband and daughter like country and my son favors EDM so I listen to it all!!
Favorite Car: I look at cars merely as a way to get from point A to point B but my first car was a baby blue Mustang, so I guess that would be my favorite!
 

First Novel: JEEP TOUR
 

 
 

A failed marriage and an out of the blue job loss propel Jackie Sullivan to seek refuge among the red rocks of Sedona, AZ.  But did she move cross country to chase a dream or a dreamy tour guide?
 

Jackie Sullivan had it all- a great job, a loving husband and a big house. But that’s all in the past. A chance encounter with a sexy tour guide gets her dreaming of a new life surrounded by the red rocks of Sedona, Arizona. When she is denied tenure at the mediocre New England college where she has taught for nine years, she decides to live the dream and make the cross-country move. Jackie’s efforts to re-invent herself in the tight-knit desert community are complicated by a new business venture and mixed signals from an emotionally unavailable new lover. And in the case of her ex, absence definitely makes the heart grow fonder!  Fueled by an unflagging sense of humor and lots of caffeine, Jackie challenges herself to navigate a new course in her search for a happy life. 

Bio: Like my main character, I am a professor of marketing.  I have taught at the college level for eighteen years. I am a recipient of the Deliso Endowed Chair Award and was recently recognized by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as one of “29 Who Shine”.  A hopeless romantic, I am married to the love of my life. I am mom to two young adults and enjoy reading, music and travel. 
 
Find Jeep Tour on Amazon thru her author page:
 
Gail's Amazon Author Page
TWITTER:   @gwolmsted 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment